Tuesday, March 13, 2012

this and that

In catching up with the blog, I have found that there are a lot of random pictures. So I will share a few now. :)


 This is at Pops, a local restaurant that has hundreds of bottles of soda for you to choose from (many made with regular old sugar rather than HFCS). The kids love going here since this is about the only place they ever get to have a soda. I'll just say that I tolerate going here. ;o) They used to get my vote, back when they served up a locally raised burger. But now they don't and I'm stuck eating a grilled cheese or a salad (since I don't eat meat that isn't humanely raised on pasture). Not so fun. But the kids love it and Mike does too (he looks forward to eating their bread pudding, I think.) Well anyway... this was the first time we'd gone when it was dark and got to see their big soda statue lit up. That was pretty neat to see in person.



I got a tortilla press for Christmas & so I've been trying my hand at tortillas. These are the whole wheat. They were really easy... it only took a little bit of time b/c you can only cook one at a time. 





We went with some friends from our homeschool co-op to the zoo in January. It was a unseasonably warm day which we have had a lot of this year! The kids really liked interacting with the turkey (on the left) who pecked at their hands on the glass. They also had fun running along the glass as the otters swam. It was lots of fun!


And here we have Isabella and Simon (with Jackson in the corner). She had wanted me to take this picture because she had gotten Simon to get up on the ottoman. She is really fond of Simon and he has taken a liking to her (he's figured out that she will give him attention and call him up on the sofa to lay on her). 

No comments:

Followers