Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Out with the Old, In with the New

This New Year's Eve was a bit different in our house this year.  I decided Isabella was old enough to stay up til midnight (if she could make it that long) and she was excited to join the celebration.

On New Year's Eve, Mike had volunteered to work at the hospital 3-11pm so the kids & I had a nice dinner together at home and then ran over to Mike's work to bring him some. For dinner I finally cooked up the big ham we'd gotten as part of our 1/2 a pig we'd bought from someone who is in my co-op. What a chore that was to cut up! The kids favorite part was the bubbly apple cider. :)

Jackson went to bed at his regular time, not realizing Isabella & I were in it for the long haul. Then Isabella and I watched a movie, ate popcorn, and did our nails. Mike came home late that evening but had to get to bed pretty quickly because he'd also signed up for the 7-3pm shift the next day. Glutton for punishment, I say... he says he is just making sure we have enough money for our Costa Rica trip. The jury is still out on this matter.

At about 11pm or so, I could see that Isabella was getting sleepy. Her eyes were looking very tired and she even started talking about lying down on the sofa for a few minutes. ;o) In the end, she did make it, and without any little cat naps either. We watched the countdown on TV and then toasted the new year... Isabella with her sparkling cider and me with my champagne... or sparkling wine rather.  I also let Isabella use a real wine glass.... she was pretty pumped about that.

It was a fun night! Happy New Year!!


No comments:

Followers