Tuesday, March 20, 2012

More Randomness

I have a lot of random pictures to share that really don't fit into one category. So here we go!

Mike had gotten some dry ice from the store to pull the oxygen out of some food we were putting away for emergency preparedness. Isabella hadn't ever seen what dry ice can do so we gave her a cup with it to "play" with (after explaining to her the dangers). She really liked all the "smoke" it produced.


Here is a plant in one of my raised bed gardens that I had planted in the fall and thought died. So I ignored the area and then one day discovered that the thing I thought was a huge weed might actually be the plant I thought died. After further inspection and a facebook posting, I believe it is chard. Or kale. I can't remember. One of the two. ;o) I am amazed at how well it has done (it is even bigger now!). It survived our winter (although mild, we did have a few freezes and on light snow fall) and I haven't watered it at all. I think this might be a good plant to have more of next winter! (I bet when I purposefully try to grow it, it will do horribly.)


Jessica and I got together and made hand soap out of Mrs. Meyers bar soap. We had seen the pin on pinterest and we were both interested so we made an afternoon of it. It was really easy and the Mrs. Meyers soap smells really nice (at least I think so! Mike said the Basil was too flowery.) The texture is a bit different than normal soap, it is a little tough to get out of the jugs, and it doesn't lather much (which bothers Mike, not me). But it is a huge savings so I'm going to be thankful for that and enjoy the nice scents. :)



Here is Isabella getting Bailey to "do her thing" and wanting a picture with her doing it.

















Blogger has stopped being my friend tonight, so these photos are not quite how I intended them to be laid out on the page. But ah well. Such is life. Here is Jackson getting his hair cut with Tina. It had gotten really long this time!




The kids and I really enjoy grabbing lunch at Whole Foods when we're there shopping and pressed for time (meaning cranky kids and grocery shopping that takes too long). They have healthier meal options for kids but it is still considered a treat by them because it has things that they don't normally get- juice, fruit cocktail, and mini cookies (we do eat cookies but just not this kind). I get to enjoy some sushi. :) And they have these cute little kids table that the kids love to eat at and I can actually still fit in it to eat with them (instead of eating by my lonesome!). There little eating area is nice too... lots of windows that can be opened up on a nice day or just there to let the sunshine in. (Yep, I am loving having a WF in town after wanting one for soooo many years!!)

Lastly, a cup of coffee from my new favorite coffee shop, Elemental Coffee. THey have delicious coffee, roast their own beans, are all about local, and their coffee art is beautiful! Whenever we're nearby we try to stop in. Try it, it's delish!


1 comment:

Always an Adventure said...

I'll have to get some dry ice for the kids - I'm sure that is super fun. Maybe when Bren does his chem labs. Coffee looks good!

Followers