Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Kid Dates

I saw a post on pinterest just after Christmas about parents who gave their kids coupons for dates with their mom or dad to use throughout the year. Christmas had already past so I wasn't going to gift them this but I thought it was a really neat idea. I have always thought that we should go out with our kids separately and give them one on one attention, and to swap back and forth. And we have done this here and there... but nothing routine. So I told Mike that we should really make a point to take the kids out each month for some one-on-one time. And I thought we could alternate who we took, so one month I'd take Jackson and Mike would take Bella and the next month we'd flip. He thought it was a good idea so we are implementing this in the new year!

Well the first month it ended up being that Isabella wanted to go see Beauty and the Beast in 3D. So Mike asked who she wanted to take her and she said him. So they went off to eat lunch together and to go to the movies while Jackson and I went off to eat lunch together as well and then off to the train museum.

Isabella and Mike had a fun time together. Here they are before their date. (Isabella insisted on having her Barbie in the photo. She also must have been quite excited and moving around since she is the only blurry one in this photo!)


They went and ate at Someplace Else Deli (where Mike used to work a loooong time ago) for lunch & then saw the movie. 

Here is Jack and I before our date. Isn't he handsome?? (I am a bit biased!) :)


We ate lunch at Kaiser's and he had his favorite- mac and cheese. He was such a good little boy and we enjoyed the time together.

The railroad museum was picked pretty much because I couldn't think of anything else fun to do and there really weren't any good movies for us to see. So we walked through a train and walked around a bunch more. It was quite chilly and we didn't have jackets so we didn't stay too long. We'll have to come back in the summer when you can actually ride on the train.


Looking forward to our new family tradition. The kids really love it and Mike and I really love having that special time with each of them. 

No comments:

Followers