Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Happy Birthday Jesus 2011

Another one of our advent activities was to make a birthday cake for Jesus. Of course the kids loved this as they LOVE making desserts with me. I constantly hear, "Can I taste that? Can I have some of that?" Even when it is things like vanilla, baking power, etc. They want to taste everything. (In the picture below you can see all the chocolate on Isabella's face from licking the frosting spoon!) We made a vanilla cake with a yummy chocolate frosting that had a touch of coffee flavor. (The frosting was my favorite!) Isabella really wanted to decorate the cake with sprinkles... but I hate sprinkles. So we compromised & she was allowed to decorate half of the cake with those things. :)




I asked Isabella if she wanted to sing happy birthday to Jesus but she chose to sing Away in the Manger instead. Works for me!



No comments:

Followers