Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Color Me Rad 5k

So I've started and restarted the couch to 5k running program a couple times. Oklahoma's dang heat always seems to mess with my good intentions of finishing the plan! Well this past fall I started the running program back up with enough time to finish before the heat set in the following spring. Now I will say that it is a 9 week program running 3x a week. I've never managed to do that. So my way is more like running 2x a week, with a break week here or there... which ends up taking months to finally finish a 9 week program. If I were more diligent and dedicated I could be a die hard runner by now. ;o)

SO anyway... I did manage to finish the program and I actually mostly enjoy running now. I actually look forward to going on a run. So that is progress! And I signed up for a 5k fun race with a couple friends and my sister... and it ended up being just my sister and I. But that is how it goes. It was fun and I hope to do an actual timed race sometime when the weather cools off again. I just don't want to run in the heat... I've ran in the upper 70s and felt like I was going to die. So 90-100s, no thanks. But I am going to join a gym for a few months to keep my running going during the summer... regaining fitness after a long break with running is no joke and no fun- I definitely know.

Before race...


After race with my cheering squad and color bomb throwers.


Me and my sister.


Us and the kiddos.


No comments:

Followers