Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Just Between Friends Consignment Sale

Two times a year (spring & fall) our city has a fabulous week long consignment sale at our local fair grounds. The sale is called the Just Between Friends (JBF) sale but it is so much bigger than that name would have you believe.

This year I had so much to sell! I gathered up a lot of the kids out grown toys (I don't usually sell a ton of toys, we haven't really had a bunch that they've totally grown out of) and clothes along with the rocking chair/ottoman I used with both kids as babies and a crib mattress. I had a ton! I started the sale prep early but I had so much stuff, I was doing it for weeks (little bits here & there in between our trip to GWL & other things here & there).

Here is just some of the mess all the stuff I was selling created on my dining room table! (I even pulled out a portable table to help me with the process!)


And here was the stack of price tags that I printed off! The sale recently went to a new way of numbering the consignors & so every tag had to be re-printed off and reattached. So anything that hadn't sold from previous sales, had to be reprinted/retagged. This is 229 tags.



Now the fun part! The shopping!! Since Isabella was a baby, I've gotten about 90% of the kids clothing at the JBF sale. It is a very economical way to get the brands that I like at a fraction of the price (sounds like a commercial, but it's true!). The owner of our JBF sale is super organized & runs a great sale in which much of the stained/worn out clothing is screened out and what is left is some really great clothing! I volunteer 8 hrs working the sale so that I can shop early and I think it is totally worth my time because there are some pretty dedicated moms (dads and grandmas!) who shop this sale & grab up the good stuff quickly! So I do 8 hrs of work to shop a little bit before the masses. :) 

Here are a few things that I got for Isabella.


Here is Jackson wearing a new Spiderman shirt & Spiderman house shoes. He's all boy!! (I'm not crazy about character stuff but we do things like this for around the house play and pajamas. It's a good compromise that has worked out for us so far!)


 And some of the things that I got for Jackson. I actually did some Christmas shopping this year, which I've never done before. But I saw some new & nearly new toys at great prices so I couldn't resist! (BTW, these collages were entered in a contest on FB, in case you were wondering!)

The even better part... I made $619.56!! So if you minus $369.71 (what I spent this season & costs associated w/ the sale such as card stock, tape, etc) it equals $249.85 profit!! That covers the chair we bought for Jackson from IKEA ($80) with $169 to spare!! :) This is the most I've made at the JBF & I think it might be the least I've spent on 2 kids! So all around a great sale. (I sold 161 items including the rocking chair/ottoman & mattress.)

1 comment:

Laura said...

Where do you get your tags again? I need to start getting ready for the Feb sale.

Followers