Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Spring this & that

Another misc post to try and get caught up with the blog so I can FINALLY post our vacation pictures. I just can't put them up here out of order. ;o)

I started (and since then finished) another batch of wine. This one is a pinot noir and I am happy to have a not so sweet wine to have in addition to my sweet fruit wine that I made before. 


We went on a field trip to the Science Museum with our home school co-op during spring break. The kids had lots of fun and had a hard time leaving. We'll have to head back there soon.


I went to the garden store to get some natural weed killer (too many reasons to list to avoid the horrible stuff but I always get a good reminder of how horrible it is when I go running in the neighborhood and get inundated by the smell of chemical fertilizer and weed killer. Yuck. And that is going into our ground water, folks) and I decided to pick up some flowers too. I told Isabella she could get a few to have for her own little "garden" (which turned out to be this pot) and she had fun picking an assortment of different flowering plants and one non-flowering white velvety plant. I wouldn't have picked out this selection but I have to admit that it is quite cheery. 


As Jackson is soon approaching three, it was time for him to get a teeth cleaning. He was such a big boy for the hygienist and the dentist. He was super amped to get the little bag of toothbrush/toothpaste and a couple other goodies.


My kale plant did surprisingly well over the winter & I have picked quite a bit! There is still plenty left out in the garden.

Isabella is always tying things with her ropes and making this or that (some days they are dog leashes, some days they are partitions, etc). This day she tied it (she doesn't actually know how to tie a proper knot or anything of the sort but she wraps the rope around a time or two and then tucks it wherever she thinks the end should go) to the top of her swing set and used it as a slide climbing aide (like a rope you might use to pull yourself up a mountain??). Pretty funny to see what things she comes up with. :)


No comments:

Followers