Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Happy Easter 2012

The kids and I started out the Easter season by making easter eggs out of string! We made a mixture of flour & ironing starch, coated the string and then wrapped some water balloons. I think the hardest part of this whole craft was getting the water balloons to actually blow up. Apparently they are super tough when you use just air, instead of water. I ended up having to put water in them to get them good and stretched out... and then blow them up after dumping the water out. A bit of a pain. I would love to show you the finished project but alas I forgot to take pictures. I actually didn't take any pictures of my easter wall ... in my haste to decorate for Jackson's party, I took it down without even thinking about pictures. Ah well... next year!



 Just before Easter, we dyed real eggs. Both kids had fun doing this. 



And then Easter came (as well as the Easter Bunny)... and here are the kids baskets.

And the kids very excited on Easter morning. Unfortunately Mike had to work so we were celebrating with just the 3 of us.



Next came the Easter Egg hunt. Our Easter bunny hides the eggs in the house, just as my childhood Easter bunny did. :) And he also hides the dyed hard boiled eggs... no Easter eggs filled with candy here. ;o) The kids really love hunting down the eggs. I'm thinking when they get a little bigger, the Easter bunny might need to branch out of the living room area. :)

Not sure what Jackson is doing in this picture. Simon is interested in the eggs though. 


And my super cute babies! :) 


Happy Easter!!

No comments:

Followers