Thursday, January 28, 2010

Isabella's Gymnastics Class

This month we've enrolled Isabella in a gymnastics class at our local Tumble Stars. We wanted to get her into some sort of class not only to learn new physical skills but also to have her in a class where she has to learn to follow directions from someone other than mommy and daddy. We're happy to report that it has been a big hit! She loves to go every wednesday & watching her in her class is so much fun for me! They do various tumbles, balance beam work, and bar work not to mention the trampoline jumping! She is also learning things such as walking in a line with her class mates (she likes this b/c they are a choo choo train), waiting her turn, going to the end of the line, and trying to do various activities on her own. Jackson & I sit in the waiting room & watch her through the glass windows (which is why some of the pictures are not so great... the reflection on the glass is tricky to work with!). On the first day, at the end of class, I couldn't see Isabella through the glass for a minute (she was over on the side out of view). Then I see her running around the corner & to her teacher for her stamp & high-five. She runs out to me & says, "Mommy, I got to drink out of the waterfall!!" For a split second I was mystified. Then I realized, she had gotten to drink out of a water fountain! She has never used one and probably hasn't seen anyone use one so so when her teacher said water fountain, she misunderstood & thought she was drinking from a waterfall. (Which I guess in a way, it is a waterfall... just not the typical one we think of when we use the word waterfall!)
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Always an Adventure said...

Looks like she's having a blast! How fun!

gramma Cooper said...

I remember gymnastics and ballet classes, for me and for some of you gals. Isabella looks very happy and confidant.

Followers