Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Family Reunion '12- San Antonio, day 3

This was to be our last full day in San Antonio before packing up. Some of our family actually left this day as they opted for a shorter stay (due to work or whatever). There were still plenty of kids left so we all met up at a local kids museum- The Witte Museum.

It was a museum that had a wide range of exhibits from the natural ecology of Texas to log cabins/historic home (seen in the picture below of Mike, the kids, & myself talking with my baby sister Lyndsey & her girlfriend Maria).


They had a science "tree house" where there were 4 levels of fun activities for the kids to do... although I think nearly everyone had a turn at playing this game- 


Look at that action shot of Cameron! He gets serious about things! (all the other kids were already out & that is why they are all standing around watching... and I'm holding Jackson back from rejoining the game before he is welcome!)


 And I think all the adults got in on these strength tasks (using a pulley to lift yourself up on a chair).


Isabella tried out this bike on a cable... not so easy in flip flops! And then in the western section, here is Mike in a nice Cowboy hat. ;o) I think he is pretending to be a Cowboy.

This was, by far, the weirdest thing we saw. A statue/mannequin with a holographic face. And he talked. And winked. And weirded us out! (He looks so very real!)


After the museum, we all had worked up quite an appetite and we headed over to the Blue Star Brewing Company for some lunch. (My parents mapped out all the great breweries in SA before the trip. I can't remember the last time I had so much beer over a span of a few days.)


I was quite happy with this selection... notice behind Mike on the sign- Organic Beers! Yay!


Here we all are... cheers! (I think i was a bit late in on the cheers action.)

I was also quite happy to see this in their restroom. Their menu had local pastured eggs & pastured/grass fed beef! I had a super yummy egg sandwich. 


We headed back for naps/rest at the condos & then we had one more meal out with the group. We at a pretty famous restaurant called Mi Tierra which was a very large restaurant (with this very large mural on the wall in the room we ate in). They had a huge pastry counter which we made sure to visit after our meal. 



The next day we would head out, make a stop by IKEA with my parents (who had yet to ever step foot in one!), & then on to Dallas where we'd spend a night before heading back home. We had a nice time getting to see some family that we don't see very often at all and also spending time with the family that we do get to see regularly.

No comments:

Followers