Thursday, September 1, 2011

Isabella's 5th Candy Land Birthday Party

Isabella is really into sweets (although they are limited) and so she was super excited to have a Candy Land birthday Party. (She also likes to play the game, too!)

Here is the invite that I made for Isabella. If I had my way, it would have just been the one w/ her picture. But she wanted to have the cartoon one from the game & I couldn't talk her out of it. She didn't even want one with her picture on it. So we compromised & had a 2 sided invite... one side was her pick & the other side was mine. :)


I had a lot of fun with the decorations although it was a little work. ;o) We had a candy bar/buffet with a lot of candy (& we have a lot left over! We'll be in candy for a loooong time to come!). We made large scale lollipops with balloons, wrapping paper tubes, & cellophane. I made the candy land trail with construction paper from the front door to the living room. We made large scale hard candies by wrapping 2 plates in cellophane and we hung these up around the house. And then of course we included Isabella's yearly photos which we hung up above the fireplace with the lollipop labels marking her age in each picture.


We had a couple activities for the kids and one game. The kids made King Kandy Castles out of graham crackers (non-hydrogated oil ones ;o), ice cream cones, frosting, & sprinkles/candy. They were not all very structurally sound but I think we managed eventually to get them to stand up right. The other activity was making necklaces out of Cascadian Farms Fruitful O's cereal (did you know that regular fruit loops has hydrogenated oils in them?!?!). Our game was playing musical candy land- we had the candly land squares in a circle & the kids walked around in a circle to the "Lollipop" song & when the music stopped they had to stand on a square. The one that didn't have a square was out. A little side note on this game... I had talked to Isabella beforehand about this game. She really wanted to play it but I told her that she might not win & if she didn't win we couldn't have any kind of fit or crying or we just wouldn't play it. Well that little warning didn't make any difference because when Isabella was kicked out of the game she burst into tears. Mike took her to her room to calm her down. It was pretty silly (to me, anyway) because she already got a big sucker (which was also the prize for the winner) just for being the birthday girl. But when I reminded her of this she informed me that she was hoping to have 2 suckers!


My Mom did a wonderful job once again at creating a fabulous cake that was also very yummy! Isabella loved it & had been looking forward to eating the frosting filled ice cream cone! I will post her birthday song video soon... Isabella was very sweet in wanting her brother to help her blow out her candles.


Our friends & family that helped Isabella celebrate her special day!

Posing for pictures after the party-



I think the party was a big success and Isabella had a great time (with the one little not winning game exception)! I had a lot of fun planning & preparing but I am glad the parties are done with for this year! I need a break!! :)

No comments:

Followers