Thursday, July 22, 2010

Hair Clip Holder Project

I've been wanting to do something for Isabella's hair clips to keep them more organized. I once bought a container w/ separate compartments & tried to organize that way but she had too many for the container & they never seemed to make it back into the container after she wore them. I saw a giddy giddy hair clip holder (see the one labeled cameo) that I really liked & wanted to do something similar.

Here is our hair drawer with everything just thrown in.


The photo I took of Isabella for the profile image.



Here is her profile blacked out. My brother-in-law, Miguel, was kind & savy enough w/ photoshop to figure out how to make her picture black like this so I could cut it out easier to trace on the peice of wood I had painted pink. After I traced it on the board, I painted it dark brown. I then attached the pink polka dot ribbons.



Finished project on Isabella's wall.



Clips on the holder (they all fit but will have to squeeze together b/c we have more on the way!)


Our hair drawer is so much better now!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Always an Adventure said...

I really love how you did her profile. That will be a neat keepsake for her! Good job, Les!

gramma said...

Cute idea and well executed!!!!

Followers