Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Healthy Bread in 5 Minutes a Day


I recently got the cook book Healthy Bread in 5 Minutes a Day because I LOVE their first cook book- Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day but always wished there were more healthy recipes in it that I could feel good about eating all the time (b/c believe me, you want to eat this bread all.the.time!).  So far I have made 2 of the doughs from the cookbook & both have been yummy.  I look forward to trying out more, especially now that I have new containers to store the dough in with a hole drilled in the lid for the gasses to excape (thanks to Mike!).  For those of you who are not familiar with this bread, it is a very moist dough that you mix up (no kneading), store in your fridge in large quantities, & then cook in a hot moist oven.  There is minimal effort (mixing the ingredients just one time with enough dough to make 4-6 loaves of bread) & just time needed for rising & cooking.  I highly recommend both books!

This is the braided Challah with whole wheat & wheat germ



and this is the master whole wheat recipe.

5 comments:

Laura said...

Are they as yummy as they look? They look delicious! I saw the containers on Amazon. I'm going to get this going when I get back and have a proper fridge!

mom said...

Looks Yummy! Did you get the book at Barnes and Noble? You should share :-)

Always an Adventure said...

Wow, Les! It looks so pretty & yummy! I love Artisan bread and would love to borrow a couple of these recipes!

nikki s. said...

Those loaves look amazing!!! I've checked out their website and have been wanting to buy the book. I think you just inspired me. ;)

Leslie said...

Laura- yes, they are as yummy as they look! Love it!
Mom- I'll have to make some for you guys soon.
Jenn- You can get some of the recipes online... but you can borrow my book too if you want.
Nikki- you should. You can also try out some recipes that are on their website before you get the book... they even give the basic master recipe & how to do it. There is also a video on amazon where you can watch them do it (it might be on their site too). It is super easy & very yummy!

Followers