Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Jackson is 8 months!

It's hard to believe that in 4 short months Jackson will be one year! Where has the time gone??? This past month has been a busy one with the holidays but lots of fun. Jackson is gaining stregnth in his legs and he will bounce forward & then backwards while sitting. Still no crawling yet, but I think he is gearing up for it. He has managed to figure out how to move around on our wood floors in a sitting position. I'm not quite sure exactly how he does it yet... but I think he is doing more of his bouncing to inch around.

Eating is going really well. We're on our third week of solids & third food. After avocado we tried banana and now we're on sweet potato. I discovered after the first round of banana that he prefers his food cubed rather than mashed so we've been doing it that way ever since. He is doing really great with food & enjoys it. He has even started saying, "mmmmmm" when he sees that I have his bowl of food or when he is ready for another bite. So cute! He got a sippy cup for Christmas & has really been having fun drinking some water with dinner. He figured it out really quickly and wants to drink from it a lot.

Sleep has taken a step in the right direction. Right around when we started food, I came up with a plan to eliminate his night time feedings. I gradually pushed back the 2 nursing times by 15 mintues every night until we eliminated one & we are nearly ready to eliminate the other. Mike also swapped out the rocking chair in his room with the chair that converts into a bed from Isabella's. So now I have a place to sleep when I'm in his room at night. Some times he will wake up & go back to sleep several times in one hour so the bed is nice to sleep in so I don't have to go very far inbetween soothing him back to sleep (or popping in his pacifier). Some nights I sleep in there more than others... but my time in there is definately decreasing so that is a good thing (although I kinda think that room is set up for better sleep... it's darker, it has a nice noise eliminating fan, & soft lullaby music- so sometimes I have to motivate myself to get back to my bed!). The other night he slept from 730p til 615am! That was a nice night!! I'm looking forward to when that becomes more common. He has started rolling in his swaddle blanket which I think could be a dangerous thing if he gets stuck on his belly without having his arms out... so we'll be working on getting rid of his swaddle blanket soon. Not looking forward to that challenge, but I'll be glad when he can sleep without it!

Jackson finally managed to kick his ear infections after a 2nd round of a different antibiotic. I was glad that he was finally able to breath again and I'm sure he was glad to be feeling better. We went back in to see the PA yesterday & she said his ears were no longer infected but did still have some fluid. So hopefully he doesn't get another cold anytime soon or else we might have another ear infection. He weighed in at 19lbs+ so he is a big boy!

Jackson loves to watch Simon play fetch with his squeaky ball & is very interested in petting the puppies when they come near. He has been licked in the mouth a time or two by Bailey & will open his mouth whenever one of the dogs come near his face. We keep getting on to Bailey but so far she hasn't stopped. I seem to remember having the same issue when Isabella was an infant. I guess she lived through it. He also likes to chew on anything & everything as well as grab at anything within reach. I've had many spilled drinks from him grabbing them when I turn the other way.

We're looking forward to seeing what changes Jackson goes through in the new year!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Gramma Cooper said...

Isn't he adorable. Such a cute little man. 19 pounds! He is a big boy. Sounds like he is growing and learning so fast. Doesn't seem real that he is 8 months. Where does time go? You are a good mommy Les!

Always an Adventure said...

Time has gone too fast!!! Have you started to plan his first birthday party?! He's a cutie!

Followers