Sunday, November 1, 2009

Camping Trip


We took a camping trip to Red Rock Canyon, OK the 2nd weekend in October. It was my nephew, Brendan's 14th birthday & Mike was doing a rappell group for his birthday. This was Jackson's first camping trip! Isabella had him beat going for her first trip at 3 months... but he wasn't too far behind her at 5.5 months. The weather was a bit chilly for our liking... especially while sleeping (into the 40's!). Surprisingly, Isabella slept really well just waking long enough to ask if it was time to get up and then quickly going back to sleep. I think Mike had to get her arms back in her bag a time or two b/c she likes to sleep with them above her head. Jackson & I didn't sleep quite so well. It was a tight fit with him in my mummy bag & he just wanted to nurse all night long being so close to me... so that meant not too much sleep for me. But Isabella had a blast during the day playing in the dirt as you can see & Jackson didn't seem to mind the cooler temps. I figured out he napped best in his carrier inside of Jennifer's car. It was warmer & the noise level was lower. I think Brendan had a fun birthday & we all enjoyed the time out doors. We're looking forward to going when the weather is a bit warmer!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Always an Adventure said...

We're so glad you came camping with us! The kids did SO well. It was fun!

Followers