Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Jackson is 5 months!

I was sitting in the rocking chair in Jackson's room the other day & it suddenly occured to me that Jackson was going to be 6 months in just a few short weeks & then I immediately thought- oh no! Not time for real food! But thank goodness for a recent breastfeeding class where I learned that it can be so much easier if you wait past 6 months to introduce solid foods. So I think that is what we shall do!

Jackson is growing up so fast. This past month I have transitioned him into his crib from sleeping in his swing. I was really nervous about the transition & thought I'd be up all night (I was planning on camping out in his room to avoid having to go very far!) but he surprised me & was pretty easy to transition. Now we're dealing with swaddle issues... he is breaking out of his swaddle blankets & his arms are knocking his pacifier out of his mouth which causes him to wake up & yell out for me to come fix it for him. So now we either have to find bigger swaddle blankets or transition him out of the swaddle (I think the first option might be easier!).

We got out Isabella's old exersaucer & Jackson is enjoying that. From the minute I put him in it he knew how to spin around to each of the various toys on it. And then there are the times that Isabella helps him by whirling him around on the hard floors.

Jackson continues to chew on his fingers & slobber all over the place but no teeth in sight yet. He is getting a stronger core but so far does not have the balance to sit up on his own. I'm a little nervous for that with our new hard flooring!

We are all really enjoying this little boy & have lots of fun making him smile & laugh. Next up- our first camping trip with Jackson & our first vacation to the beach! Stay tuned for more pics to come. :)
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Always an Adventure said...

So big, so fast. We ALL enjoy little Jackson!

Leah said...

william 'had' to be swaddled til almost 9 months!!!! yikes. it's crazy trying to keep those little stinkers all wrapped up when they get bigger and stronger :)

Followers